Sunday, February 22, 2009

Who am I?

I am having a blast. I reached the big 50 and it doesn't matter. I have done more since I was 45 than I did before reaching that age. I have read endless accounts of women who say the same thing. There's a reason they call it 50 and Fabulous.

Now the younger ladies may believe this is all a way to live in denial. I thought that when I was younger, absolutely dreading the march of time. But you know, life is what you make it. I love to have fun and so whatever age I am, that's what I do.

I am sharp, dynamic, reasonably attractive, very aware of the world around me, engaged with people and events, and committed to the things I believe in. I am a teacher, a mentor to an elementary school student, an activist, member of several nonprofit boards, politically active, sexually active, culturally aware, and boast a bevy of committed friends, colleagues, and a network around the country. It's all good.

I wanted to write a blog just for us gals over 50 who have a lot of life and don't act our age. I am not a cougar, because I am not a predator. I am not promiscuous, but I am a flirt. I am, however, writing this blog with a nom de plum - it's the only way to be really truthful without putting other people's privacy in jeopardy.

I keep it real, keep it fun, and hope you enjoy my musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment